RISLI is organising a CPD on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for sign language interpreters in collaboration with Sytorus. This online CPD is designed to cover key concepts and will provide an understanding of the requirements of GDPR. The CPD will take place on 10th and 17th February from 5 to 7pm each evening. ISL interpreters will be provided.
This online CPD is designed to cover key concepts about the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and provide an understanding of the requirements of GDPR.
The content will include the bases for processing personal data, describe the rights of the individual under the regulations and many other items related to this subject, but will not be restricted to:
1. Introduction to the GDPR.
2. Key GDPR terminology.
3. An introduction to the GDPR legislation.
4. Differences between the Data Protection Act and the GDPR.
5. Principles of the GDPR and your obligations as a self-employed interpreter.
6. Key roles and features of the GDPR.
7. The rights and entitlements of clients under GDPR.
8. Processing of personal data.
9. The obligation of interpreters to complying with the GDPR processes.
10. Breach reporting and responses – steps needed to address breaches.
11. Importance of information management concerning personal data of clients.
Please click here to register and review course content.